Our Vision for 2020-2021
We are committed to providing a high-quality, comprehensive educational program this school year, and we remain dedicated to the district motto: Success for Every Student.
¡NUEVOS! Planes de Reapuerta Escuelas Publicas de Port Chester, K-5, Sept. 17, 2020
NEW! Updated Reopening Plans, 6-12, October 2020
¡NUEVOS! Planes de Reapuerta Escuelas Publicas de Port Chester, 6-12, 7 de octubre 2020
- Special Education Plan and Requirements for Mandated Services
Plan de Educación Especial y Requisitos para los Servicios Obligatorios
- Approved Reopening Plan for Remote Learning, Aug. 18, 2020
Plan de reapertura aprobado para el aprendizaje remoto, 18 de agusto de 2020
- Reopening Plan, August 16, 2020 (abridged)
Reapertura, 16 augusto, 2020 (condensado)
- Reopening Port Chester Public Schools, July 31, 2020
Reapertura Escuelas Públicas de Port Chester, 31 julio, 2020
Port Chester Public Schools is not equipped to conduct testing in the event of a large-scale outbreak. We have a standing relationship with the Westchester County Department of Health and in the event that testing is required, we will defer to the Westchester County DOH for any required or relevant information. This information will be disseminated through our communications platform.
Testing is readily available in our community. Students, staff or visitors requiring COVID-19 testing should contact their health provider, a local urgent care, federally qualified health center or visit the NYSDOH website to locate a nearby testing facility https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/find-test-site-near-you.
Port Chester Public Schools will notify the state and local health department immediately upon being informed of any positive COVID-19 diagnostic test result by an individual within school facilities or on school grounds, including students, faculty, staff, and visitors of Port Chester Public Schools.
To assist the local health department with tracing the transmission of COVID-19, Port Chester Public Schools has developed and maintained a plan to trace all contacts of exposed individuals in accordance with protocols, training, and tools provided through the New York State Contact Tracing Program.
The district may assist with contact tracing by:
- Keeping accurate attendance records of students and staff members
- Ensuring student schedules are up to date
- Keeping a visitor log that includes date and time address and phone number, and where in the school they visited
- Assisting the local health department in tracing all contacts of the individual in accordance with the protocol, training, and tools provided through the NYS Contact Tracing Program
- Informing local health department of staff member testing positive regardless of county of residence.
- For all contact tracing, the DOH will require the name, address, and phone number as well as the name and phone number of the guardian of a student.
If/when COVID-19 cases are discovered, in consultation with the local health department, Port Chester Public Schools will do the following:
- Close or quarantine locations of potential exposure for at least 24 hours, if possible
- Clean and disinfect locations as necessary
- Provide DOH with information as required
Confidentiality must be maintained as required by federal and state laws and regulations. Staff should not try to determine who is to be excluded without guidance and direction from the local health department.