Ivan R. Tolentino, Executive Director of Human Resources
What We Do
Recognizing that our employees are the most valuable resource for delivering excellent educational opportunities for students, the district’s Office of Human Resources most important responsibility is to attract and retain a talented, high-performance staff of teachers, nurses, administrators, secretarial staff, custodial staff, school aides and other support personnel to deliver “Success for All”. This office provides a vast range of resources and services to the over 700 employees of the Port Chester-Rye Public Schools. Additionally, this office is responsible for the following services:
- Managing the recruitment, selection, induction, and continued success of all staff;
- Administration of employee benefits and personnel policies;
- Implementation and oversight of federal and state policies and civil service procedures governing employment;
- Staff orientation and evaluation, staff development, substitute teacher, teacher aide and student teacher programs;
- Negotiating and implementing negotiated labor contracts.
- Frontline Course Approvals and CTLE Hours
- Summer Teacher Ambassador Program
- IMPORTANT OPPORTUNITY!
- The Career Development Ambassador Program is a four-week paid summer intensive training program that will prepare teachers, certified work-based learning (WBL) coordinators, and school counselors to develop, implement, and deliver career-readiness strategies for students across New York State.
- This program will assist educators of grades six to nine with helping their students understand and explore career options before they graduate high school, better preparing the workforce of the future.
- All New York State educators and qualifying staff with more than five years of experience who teach grades six to nine are eligible to apply at StateJobsNY.
- Questions about the Teacher Ambassador Program can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Have you filled out your Satchel Pulse survey for this month? Access the site here
Professional Development Opportunities
Current employees, please login to your Port Chester email account to view the following opportunities:
Administrator Professional Development Opportunities
Teacher/PCTA Professional Development Opportunities
CSEA Professional Development Opportunities
University and College Education Programs
Afterschool Employment Opportunities through Carver Center
Click here to be redirected to Carver Center's website!
OLAS for Educators
Please check the On-line Application System for Educators (OLAS) for employment opportunities with the Port Chester School District. If you need assistance in the application process, please notify the Office of the Superintendent of Schools (914) 934-7902.
Substitute Teachers & Substitute Teaching Assistants
Substitutes are needed on a per diem basis throughout the school year. We are looking for substitute teachers/substitute teaching assistants at all grade levels. New York State Fingerprint Clearance is required. Please contact the Superintendent’s Office at 914-934-7901 for an application.