About the Board of Education
The Board of Education develops policies governing the operation of the Port Chester Public Schools. The Board's executive officer, the Superintendent of Schools, has responsibility for implementing those policies. Trustees, who are elected by district residents, serve three-year terms without compensation.
Regular board meetings generally are held on Tuesday evenings at Port Chester Middle School on Bowman Avenue. Beginning in January 2020, the meetings will be held on Thursdays. Work sessions usually are held the second Thursday of each month in the central office board room at the Middle School, unless otherwise indicated. Check the web site calendar or the cable education access channel for changes in date time and venue. Residents are encouraged to attend and participate. Board members also welcome comments and suggestions, either mailed to them at Port Chester-Rye Union Free School District, P.O. Box 246, Port Chester, N.Y. 10573, or through e-mail.
School Board Members
Board of Education and Superintendent email
To contact the Board of Education and Superintendent, please email
Board Goals 2022-2023
Goal 1- Increase Student Outcomes Through Multiple Pathways and A Data Informed Culture
- Utilize data, research, experience, and collaboration to inform instruction and strategic planning.
- Openly share data, discussions, and goals to improve academic rigor and performance Pre-K-12.
- Create a culture of student agency, where all students are exposed to multiple college and career opportunities.
Goal 2- Improve Communication and Increase Community Engagement
- Utilize multiple platforms and outlets to broadcast important information while publicly celebrating and highlighting our students, staff, and district’s accomplishments.
- Collaborate and be inclusive more often to allow for meaningful discourse with key stakeholders to increase community engagement.
- Include opportunity for student voice.
Goal 3- Foster A Sense of Empathy, Community Connectedness, and Pride in Ram Nation
- Ensure that students, families, and district staff engage in meaningful and authentic interactions with a focus on mindfulness and mental health supports.
- Forge and sustain community partnerships to expand opportunities for students.
- Create District-wide opportunities for students and families to celebrate Port Chester Pride and a sense of “Ramily”.
Goal 4- Engage in Strategic Planning for Fiscal Responsibilities and Facilities
- Collaborate for strategic planning to safeguard fiscal stability.
- Take a proactive approach to improve and maintain safe schools and well-maintained facilities and grounds that our community can be proud of.
- Review of facilities, budget, and operations for long-term planning purposes.
Board of Education Meeting Presentations
Sharing District Data
Meeting Dates: 2022-2023
Tuesday, July 5, 2022, 5:00pm
Wednesday, August 3, 2022 - Board Retreat, 3:00pm
Wednesday, August 3, 2022 - Meeting, 5:00pm
Thursday, August 25, 2022, 5:00pm
Thursday, September 15, 2022
Thursday, October 20, 2022
Thursday, November 17, 2022
Thursday, December 15, 2022
Thursday, January 19, 2023
Thursday, February 16, 2023
Thursday, March 16, 2023
Tuesday, April 18, 2023
Thursday, May 4, 2023
Tuesday, May 16, 2023 - Annual Election
Thursday, May 25, 2023
Thursday, June 15, 2023
*All meetings are held at 7 p.m., unless otherwise noted
Meeting Documents: 2019-2020
Board Meeting Minutes 2019-2020
Board Meeting Minutes 2014-2015
Board Meeting Minutes 2013-2014
Board Meeting Minutes 2012-2013
Board Meeting Minutes 2011-2012
Board Meeting Minutes 2018-2019
Board Meeting Minutes 2017-2018
Board Meeting Minutes 2016-2017
Board Meeting Minutes 2015-2016
It is the goal of the Port Chester-Rye Union Free School District that the information on our website be accessible to individuals with visual, hearing or cognitive disabilities. Good faith efforts have been made to ensure that our site complies with New York State standards on website accessibility (New York State OFT Policy, P04-002, Accessibility of State Agency Web-based Intranet and Internet Information and Applications). The majority of pages in our site are available in HTML format that can be deciphered by screen readers. If you are unable to access any page(s) in our site, please email the district clerk (link opens your email) with detailed information on the location of the page or document you were attempting to access. Be sure to include your name, email address and phone number so that we may contact you to provide the information in another format.